Bob [Vitoria] came last night and stayed until a quarter past ten. Dad and I stayed up to let in the New Year. We saw Big Ben solemnly and majestically strike twelve o’clock, then in the opening minutes of 1952, Richard Dimbleby, on the Thames embankment, made a short speech. There is always something sad and awe-inspiring about the passing of the old year & the coming of the new.

   This morning I fetched my M.M. [Meccano Magazine] and then I took Ginger for a run to Tyseley. After dinner I went shopping.

   This evening I have been to Cubs. About ten cubs turned up so we stayed in the club room [in Baker Street] instead of going down to the school [in Golden Hillock Road]. When I left at eight o’clock, the rain was pouring down though it had been fine all day. I took Ginger out as usual. Now it is 10.0pm and I’m going to bed. It is still raining.

Christ died for us. Romans 5:8


   I got up just after 10.30am this morning. Mam was unable to go to the dentist’s this morning so I took her appointment instead. Mr. Parker did two fillings, one a temporary filling. My next appointment is on Monday.

   This afternoon we watched a film on TV. It was Desperate Cargo with Ralph Byrd and Carol Hughes. I thought it a good film on the whole.

   During the rest of the afternoon I completed the accounts of Cubs subs. for the past year, and drew up the 1952 Register. It snowed once or twice.

   This evening I have been watching television. I saw part of a programme featuring “The Magic Circle” then took Ginger for her evening walk. Then I watched the Eric Barker Show and “Picture Page”.

Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it. Luke 11:28


   I completed my 1951 weather records this morning. 38.072 ins. rain fell making 1951 the wettest year on record. November set up a new record rainfall for any month — 7.607 ins. October was the driest month (0.727 ins) and the rainfall for July was the lowest since 1935. On Feb. 4th the barometer fell to 27.567 ins, the lowest ever recorded at Edgbaston.

   After dinner we all went to the Warwick to see the Paramount technicolor film When Worlds Collide. A planet is discovered that will collide with the earth bringing about its destruction. And there is no escape for the world. Before the actual collision, we see earthquakes, giant tidal waves and mass destruction, but a rocket is built and a few people and animals take off in it to start life on a new planet. The film was very good, the filming terrific at times, and the acting too was of a very good standard.

   We had an inch of snow overnight.

We trust in the living God. 1 Timothy 4:10


   This morning I wrote five letters and started some homework in the sitting room. After dinner I wrote up a Chemistry experiment, two Physics experiments and several pages of Physics notes. I got rather behind with all my Science notes last term. I did not stop writing until after 5.0.

   Mam and Dad are not going to the cinema this evening but we are all going to watch “Kaleidoscope” at 7.45.

   On Wednesday, Birmingham people were able to get an idea of what our city will be like in 1972, because re-development plans were published. There will probably be a twenty-storey skyscraper at the top of the Bull Ring, (in fact the general trend will be upwards rather than outwards), multi-storey car parks, fly-over crossings, a great new Civic Centre round the Hall of Memory, a new Inner Ring Road, etc., etc. It seems a most ambitious and exciting plan.

Turn thou to thy God. Hosea 12:6


   I got up rather late this morning. At 11.45 I walked to Formans Road to meet Dad on his way from work [at the B.S.A., Montgomery Street, Sparkbrook].

   After dinner Dad and I went to Blues home match v Brentford. B’ham City:— Merrick; Green, Martin; Badham, Atkins, Warhurst; Stewart, Purdon, Briggs, Smith, Wardle. Blues lost 2–1. Dare scored after 30 minutes against the run of the play, Wardle equalised with a great shot ten minutes later, then after 55 minutes, Purdon had to leave the field with an injured knee. After this Badham had a header cleared off the line, Gaskell made fine saves from Stewart and Briggs, and Stewart beat the goalie in a race to the ball, then having the desperate luck to see the ball roll tantalisingly off the wrong side of the post. Then with 15 seconds of time added for injuries yet to go, Badham shot the ball hard and fast into his own net in passing back.

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain. Revelation 5:12


   I got up first this morning and took Ginger out, then I made the tea and lit a fire.

   After breakfast I wrote a letter and then went down to the Post Office with Ginger and bought the stamps [two one-penny stamps and a half-penny stamp from a machine].

   This evening we have seen Bertram Mills Silver Jubilee Circus from 7.0 until 8.0pm. At 8.15 there was a play by Paul Dornhorst “They Fly By Twilight”. The main parts were well played by Barry K. Barnes, Daphne Anderson and Daphne Slater. The play on the whole was quite good but rather morbid.

Seek, and ye shall find. Luke 11:9


   I was to have gone to the dentist at 2.30 today but we thought we might go to the cinema so I inquired whether there were any cancelled appointments so that I could go earlier. The receptionist said she was just looking to see if we were on the ’phone [we aren’t] as Mr. Parker had been taken ill & all the appointments would have to be cancelled. During the morning I went to the Library and did some shopping.

   At 3.0pm we watched “Retrospect 1951” in which were recalled various incidents from the Newsreels of 1951. I previously saw the film on New Year’s Eve but it was worth seeing again.

   Bob [Vitoria] came to see us this evening. We shall not be seeing him again for some times as next week he takes up an appointment at Kodak in Bristol. One of the programmes we watched was “Come Dancing” from a Manchester ballroom. A dancing lesson was given & I learned the first steps in the Waltz.

Beside me there is no Saviour. Isaiah 43:11


   This morning I went down the village on my bicycle to do some shopping and I went to the library as well.

   After dinner, Mam went to town. I washed up and then cleaned my bicycle. It had got quite dirty in the past month.

   I had intended to go to Cubs this evening but Mam did not get back until 6.15pm and it was then raining heavily.

   Mam, Dad and I watched the television at 8.0pm. For the first half an hour we saw Donald Peers in the first of a new series of programmes which promise to be a great success. After this we watched “Two Dozen Red Roses”, a comedy adapted from the Italian of Aldo de Benedetti by Kenneth Horne with Patrick Barr and Frances Rowe. It was extremely good.

Be led of the Spirit. Galatians 5:18


   This morning I read part of my library book The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Towards twelve o’clock I went down the village with Mam. Ginger came with us [and the ration books too, as tea, eggs, butter and sweets are still on the ration]..

   After dinner I took Ginger for a walk to the [Fox Hollies] park. At 3.0pm I saw a telefilm of last Friday’s “In the News”.

   At 7.30 I went to the Olton to see Alec Guinness in The Man in the White Suit (U). It was very good though not really quite as good as I was led to believe by some reports. Alec Guinness played the part of a man who has invented a new material which is everlasting and always remains perfectly clean, and his invention nearly brings disaster. Joan Greenwood was very good though she had a smallish role. The other film was Cheer the Brave (U) starring Jack MacNaughton and Elsie Randolph and this too was good.

He bare the sin of many. Isaiah 53:12


   Today I am devoting my page to the epic story of the “Flying Enterprise” and Captain Kurt Carlsen. The 6,711 ton “Flying Enterprise” sustained a crack in her hull on Saturday December 29th and took on a port list of over sixty degrees. Captain Carlsen then ordered his crew and passengers to abandon ship but he himself stayed aboard the “Enterprise” which was drifting three hundred miles out in the Atlantic. He was alone on board until last Friday. The deep-sea tug Turmoil rushed to the rescue but was held up by bad weather. Despite a 50 mile an hour gale the Turmoil eventually reached the wrecked freighter and plans were made to tow the “Enterprise” to Falmouth stern first to avoid further flooding.

   Several attempts to connect her and the tug were made but it was found impossible to do so without putting men aboard. Capt. Carlsen could not haul in a heaving line owing to the necessity of holding on with one hand due to the angle of list & the lurching of the ship. After five attempts the Turmoil’s mate, Kenneth Dancy, then managed to clamber over the taffrail. Further attempts to get towing gear aboard were made and at midnight the “Flying Enterprise” started under tow at three knots. It was expected that she would reach Falmouth on Tuesday last. It was arranged that Capt. Carlsen should be met by an envoy of the Danish Embassy to receive a personal message of congratulation from King Frederik of Denmark.

   But then came the disturbing news that an Atlantic storm had sprung up delaying the “Flying Enterprise” when only 57 miles from Falmouth. She was riding lower in the water and because of the danger of the tow rope breaking, the Turmoil shut off its engines and hove to. This was all to no avail for the storm got worse and last night the rope broke. It was quite impossible to get another line aboard. Soon it became obvious that the “Flying Enterprise” would not make it. Captain Carlsen and Mr. Dancy leaped into the sea together and after nine minutes were picked up by the British Tug Turmoil. Shortly afterwards the “Flying Enterprise” disappeared from view but her courageous captain is assured of a place in history!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10


   I got up shortly after ten o’clock this morning and after breakfast cycled round to Kipper’s [Christopher Martin lives at 8 Oxford Road, Acocks Green]. Later I walked to Clay Lane via Lincoln Road taking Ginger with me. I had to call at the P.A.Y.E. offices to get a correction in Dad’s income tax papers. I came home by Woodcock Lane North and saw the two midday expresses both headed by King class engines, Nos. 6017 and 6011 [King Edward IV and King James I]. locomotives

   At 2.30pm I had to go to the dentist’s to have a tooth filled. Mr. Parker had already given it a temporary filling and he had to remove this first. The drilling was most painful this time. At 3.15 I went to town, called to see Bob, and went round the shops. I bought the London Evening Standard and read that Capt. Carlsen & Mr. Dancy got a terrific welcome at Falmouth.

   Mam & Dad did not go out this evening. We all listened to the radio.

Looking for that blessed hope. Titus 2:13


   Nothing much happened this morning. At 11.45 I went round to Dorlings and then walked to Reddings Lane to meet Dad on his way from work.

   This afternoon while I wrote up some notes, I watched the first half of the Wigan v Wakefield Trinity Rugby League match and the second half of the F.A. Amateur Cup, 2nd Round match between Hendon and Bishop Auckland. The latter match ended a 1–1 draw. On TV I prefer to watch Rugby rather than Soccer.

   Blues beat Fulham at Craven Cottage in the F.A. Cup, 3rd Round by 1–nil. Briggs got his tenth goal for Blues since he joined them in October.

   Tonight we watched Frankie Howerd in the first of a promising new series, “The Howerd Crowd”.

Why are ye so fearful? Mark 4:40


   I got up first this morning and made the tea. After breakfast I washed up, then wrote up some notes.

   After dinner I did some more writing, mostly Biology.

   This evening we have been watching TV. At 8.15, we saw an entirely new idea for television — a puppet show in the form of a strip cartoon for adults. It was written by Ted Kavanagh and the puppets were designed and animated by Sam Williams. It turned out to be a most refreshing and entertaining fifteen minutes. I think it would be a very good idea to carry on with a programme of this sort. From 8.30pm until 10.0 we saw “Robinson Crusoe on Ice” from the Empire Pool, Wembley.

   I took Ginger out. It snowed somewhat during the afternoon.

The LORD ... He is good. 1 Chronicles 16:34


   It was 9.45 when I got up this morning. I stayed in until 11.15 when I went down the village to do the shopping and go to the Library.

   At 3.0pm Mam and I watched an American film Secret Evidence with a story of crime and detection. It was a good film but I have forgotten the names of the stars.

   I watched some of the TV programmes tonight. After the Newsreel Richard Dimbleby interviewed Captain Carlsen of the Flying Enterprise. This was followed by the first of a series of programmes featuring current hit tunes. After I had taken Ginger for her evening walk and had a bath, I watched “What’s My Line?”.

   Finally I packed my school books [in my satchel].

Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace: and the God of love and peace shall be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11


   Back to school again! [I am in my fifth year at King Edward’s, and in the Medical Division with Mr. Monkcom as Form Master]. After prayers there was a hymn practice followed by House Meetings. The most notable differences this term are that the eight houses assume their new names. These new names [six Chief Masters and two distinguished assistant masters] are as follows:

Copland’sVardy, Rev A.R. (1872–1900)
Dunt’sEvans, Charles (1862–1872)
Leeds’Jeune, Francis (1834–1838)
Barlow’sHeath, C.H. (1900–1931)
Kay’sGifford, Edward Hamilton (1848–62)
Biggs’Gilson, R. Cary (1900–1929)
Williams’Lee, James Prince (1838–1848)
Porter’sLevett, Rawdon (Second master, 1869–1902)
   We went to form rooms for first period. In Physics we started heat. We had Mr. S.D. Woods for Chemistry in place of Mr. Gess. Last term four masters left; the other three were Mr. R. Cook, Mr. Meerendonk and Mr. W.D.M. Lutyens. [Mr. Lutyens will return to Winchester College and later became a B.B.C. Television announcer.]

   I came home through town. I went shopping this afternoon, taking Ginger with me. Nothing else happened.

He is gracious and merciful. Joshua 2:13


   Mr. Woods gave us some revision on paraffins during first period this morning. In Biology we started to study the nervous system.

   After dinner I went to a Choir Practice in Big School. We are busy rehearsing for the Quarto-Centenary [sic] Commemoration Service to be held in St. Martin’s Church tomorrow. We shall sing Te Deum Laudamus in B Flat.

   In Physics, John [Winrow] and I both did Specific Heat experiments.

   I came home on the S.B.

Thou ... remainest for ever. Lamentations 5:19


   I did not go to school in uniform this morning. My boots are still being repaired and my uniform is too small. I shall change it as soon as possible.

   Most of the boys went on the girls’ S.B. today. I was rather late and had to go on our proper bus. It snowed overnight and the bad road conditions delayed its arrival until 9.20 so we missed prayers. We had to go to Big School at 9.30, though, for a rehearsal of Te Deum which lasted for a few minutes.

   In J.T.C. the N.C.O.s were taught the new Americanized “About Turn on the march”. Afterwards we taught our platoons some map-reading.

   Nothing much happened in the afternoon. After writing up some notes I went down the village with Mam and Julia at 4.45pm.

   I watched a new film programme “Current Release” on TV from 9.30 till 10.15.

It is time to seek the LORD. Hosea 10:12


   There was a thin layer of frozen snow on the ground this morning. We had to get off the S.B. and walk up Edgbaston Park Road as vehicles found it difficult to get up the hill [from Bristol Road]. One ’bus was sliding down the hill with its brakes fully on.

   There was no hymn again today since Dr Willis Grant wanted a practice after prayers.

   In Biology we saw an exhibition of pictures and examples of all classes of life from amoeba upwards.

   In English we started to read one of Shaw’s Plays Pleasant.

   I had a school dinner then went to a Choir practice.

   In Chemistry, Mr. Woods prepared Ethylene. John Maund and I came home on the 1A ’bus — the S.B. was full. I was not much later than usual.

   Mam & Dad are at the cinema. I am listening to “Any Questions?”.

Occupy till I come. Luke 19:13


   Nothing much happened all morning [except that in Prayers we all recited the Founder’s Prayer, which we are going to do every Saturday from now on:—

We give Thee most humble and hearty thanks, O most merciful Father, for our pious founder, King Edward the Sixth, and for all our governors and benefactors by whose benefit this whole School is brought up in godliness and good learning; and we beseech Thee to give us grace to use these Thy blessings to the glory of Thy holy Name, that we may answer the good intent of our religious founder, and become profitable members of the Church and commonwealth, and at last be partakers of Thy heavenly kingdom; through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.

   After school] I came home through town and got back for 2.0pm

   At 2.20 I watched the England v Wales International at Twickenham. Wales were favourite to win but England went ahead after 15 minutes when Agar Agar raced 25 yards for a try. Hook failed very badly with the kick. Three minutes later Woodward got a second try but Wales made a great rally & Ken Thomas scored a splendid try which M.C. Thomas converted. After ten minutes Jones scored again so Wales took the lead by 8pts to 6. Play stayed in the English half despite frequent Welsh injuries but there was no further scoring. It was a great struggle.

   Blues bought a new inside forward, Peter Murphy, from Spurs on Thursday. He scored three goals for Blues at Doncaster this afternoon in a 5–nil win. And Birmingham’s record is:—

P28; W13; L7; Dr8; For 43; Ag 32; Pts 34; Posn 1st.

He is gracious and merciful. Joel 2:13


   Nothing much happened today except that we could not get a sound from the radio or television when I switched the set on this afternoon. Since the set was perfectly alright during the morning, I can only conclude that a fuse has gone.

   We brought in the radio from the sitting room and listened to Variety Bandbox at 9.0pm. I had already taken Ginger out.

   We have had a small amount of snow during the day.

   Yesterday, I heard that a poem I wrote for a “Midland Magazine” competition did not qualify but has been accepted for the programme proper.

Thus saith the LORD ... Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. Isaiah 43:1


   The weather wasn’t too bad when I got up this morning so I went to school on my bike.

   After prayers there was the usual rehearsal of Te Deum for the Fifths and above. Boys in the U.M.’s and below will not attend the Thanksgiving Service. In Chemistry we had a test.

   I had choir practices to attend at 12.30 and 3.45pm.

   [John Maund told me that Mr. Martin died last Tuesday, which is why Kipper has not been at school. It is a terrible shock, especially as Phil is doing his National Service. He went in the Army last month and was not allowed any leave for Christmas, so never saw his father again. He has been given compassionate leave for a week.]

Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump. 1 Corinthians 15:51–52


   The choir rehearsed again in fourth period today. After school I went to Bittell as Stephen [Chadwin] told me there was a Black-throated Diver on the upper reservoir. I had a good look round and at last saw a diving duck on the far side which was dark brown or black with white underparts. I decided it was more likely to be the diver rather than a Tufted Duck because no other duck was near and its dives lasted about half a minute, whereas a Tufted Duck’s dive rarely exceeds fifteen seconds in duration. It dived five times in three minutes. This is only the second recorded case of a Black-throated Diver in Warwickshire, I think.

   I got home at 4.15. As I thought, the TV set was perfectly alright when Dad put two new fuses in this evening.

For the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:52


   Nothing much happened this morning. After dinner, the 1st XV met in Mr. Copland’s room [No. 149] to discuss our tactics for our [Vardy] match v Lee tomorrow. The meeting lasted until 1.20pm. Then I went into the Library and looked through some some old editions of the [King Edward’s School] Chronicle.

   The choir had been given the afternoon off for a rehearsal. At twenty to three we went to St. Martin’s for seating arrangements.

   I came home on the 44 ’bus. It snowed again.

   Tonight, having done prep, I have watched “Picture Page” and “Pot-Luck” and taken Ginger for a walk.

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us. 2 Corinthians 1:3–4


   This has been quite a memorable day. We went to form room for registration at 9.15 then after a final rehearsal in Big School at 9.30 we went by Special Buses to St. Martin’s where the service was due to begin at 11.0am. Rather than try to describe the whole service I have included a description published in this evening’s Birmingham Mail. It was certainly a most impressive occasion. The choir sang the anthem Praise Ye the Lord [by Christopher Tye] and [Stanford’s] Te Deum Laudamus. Other hymns in the service were Now thank we all our God and O God our help in ages past as well as the twenty-third psalm.

   I came home with Kipper and John on the ‘44 bus.

   At 1.30 I met Kipper in the village and we went to school together to play in our knock-out match v Lee (Williams). We took the field with the knowledge that we had lost all seven league matches and that our opponents were supposed to have a good chance of winning the cup, but we weren’t much bothered about that. At half time we were a goal down but Lee had by no means had things all their own way.

   In the second half we were on top almost all the time and we put up a terrific fight that can hardly ever have been equalled in a House match. In a period of sustained pressure we scored a try then Lee scored [a goal] in a sudden breakaway. Then we scored a try to bring the score to 8–6. In a second breakaway, a Lee penalty which looked to have failed hit a post and rebounded at the foot of an opposing forward, who scored a try easily. Thus the final score was 11–6. It was an extremely hard game but I enjoyed every minute.

Access by one Spirit unto the Father. Ephesians 2:18


   I didn’t do my usual sprint this morning and missed the Special ’Bus and a 1A too. Fortunately, when I did get a ’bus it wasn’t held up by a traffic jam and I got to school on time.

   Nothing much happened during the morning. After dinner the 1st XV met for what one might term a post-mortem. Kipper has at last got his house colours. I was very pleased. It’s rather surprising that he wasn’t awarded them before now.

   In Chemistry, I worked with Kipper and Bob Clasper and prepared Ethyl Bromide. [The three of us had been in the same form 1B at King Edward’s Grammar School, Camp Hill, 1946–47, and in Remove C — Mr. Copland’s form — when we went to the High School.]

   This evening I had not long been writing up some Biology notes when Don and Ron called to have a look at the TV set. Mam and Dad were at the cinema as usual.

   We’ve had more snow again and it is now freezing hard.

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit. Ephesians 4:3


   After dinner today, Dad and I cycled to Blues home match v Everton. Team:— Merrick; Green, Martin; Badham, Atkins, Warhurst; Stewart, Smith, Briggs, Murphy, Wardle. Murphy was making his home debut but had a disappointing match.

   Birmingham lost 2–1 because of the inaccurate play of the forwards. The surface was ice-bound but even so, the Everton forwards still managed to play good football and Blues missed at least three chances of scoring. Hickson scored both goals for Everton, Stewart scored for Blues.

   Last Saturday, Everton beat Cardiff City and today’s win at St Andrews means that they have deposed the league leaders in successive weeks.

The Spirit and the bride say, Come. Revelation 22:17


   There is very little to record today. This evening I wrote up some Organic Chemistry notes and took Ginger out before listening to “Variety Bandbox”.

   It has snowed again during the day.

I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day. Revelation 1:10


   This morning’s forecast was that a thaw would set in. However it snowed all morning till about 2pm.

   There was no Choir practice. I came home on the Special ’Bus and got home for 4.15pm.

   Tonight I watched “What’s My Line?” and “Come Dancing” from the Lyceum Ballroom, London. This is quite an enjoyable programme. I like best the dancing lesson. Tonight I learned the turns in the waltz.

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 1 John 4:9


   This morning the roads were in a shocking state. The slush formed in yesterday’s thaw had frozen hard but fortunately the sun shone all day.

   The Rugger was cancelled but I had to go to a 1st XV practice at Eastern Road. I got home at four o’clock.

   At 7.30 I went to the Warwick to see Strangers on a Train. The supporting film was a comedy You’re in the Army Now with Jimmy “Schnozzle” Durante and Jane Wyman. Durante and another man try to sell vacuum cleaners but get enlisted in the army. It was most hilarious especially a scene in which a tank runs wild. Strangers on a Train was one of the best of this kind of film that I have seen. The theme of the film was exchanged murders. There was a terrific climax but a pretty hot pace was maintained throughout. The parts were all well played especially those of Guy Haines, a tennis champion (Farley Granger) & Bruno Anthony (Richard Taylor).

Saved through faith. Ephesians 2:8


   There are still quite appreciable amounts of snow on the ground though none has fallen since Monday.

   At 12.55 I had to go to an N.C.O.’s parade in Room 47. In Physics I did a Latent Heat and another experiment.

   I came home on the S.B. as usual. After tea I wrote up some notes. Mam and Dad went to the cinema this evening. I have been watching the Newsreel, “Picture Page” and the last in the present series of the Eric Barker half hour. This latter programme has maintained quite a good standard in general. One or two editions were very ordinary while others have been remarkably good. It is now 9.15pm.

   I am now going to get my uniform ready for tomorrow [tunic and trousers pressed, belt and gaiters blancoed, boots spit and polished]. I got a new pair of trousers from the stores on Monday. [Sgt. Price, R.B.W. is N.C.O. i/c stores.]

Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7


   We are studying the ear in Biology and the alcohols in Chemistry. Mr. Woods is anxious to obtain some Methyl Bromide so that we can use it for experiments and so that he can use it for his cigarette-lighter.

   In J.T.C. we taught mapwork and then I taught my section the new “about turn”.

   Our match v Gifford was postponed owing to the bad state of the pitch. We’ve had no snow for about three days but there is still some on the ground and we are having hard frosts every night.

   This evening I went to the Warwick again to see Laughter in Paradise with Alastair Sim, Guy Middleton, Joyce Grenfell, Fay Compton & Beatrice Campbell. The film was said to be even better that The Happiest Days of Your Life. I think it was a little over-rated but it was very amusing and great entertainment.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good. 1 Chronicles 16:34

Previous chapter || Next chapter || Index || Search
webwork by Jim Nagel at Abbey Press, Glastonbury — this edition published 2007-06-30